QA Supply Chain Co-ordinator
This international importer, distributor and stockist supplies a wide range of ambient food products to food manufacturing companies, packers and processors. They source their high quality products from across the world and have gained a great reputation as an industry leading ingredients supplier.
Reporting to the QA Manager you’ll have accountability for technical matters relating to key customers, approval and technical management of suppliers and any quality projects arising on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities will include:
· Establishing & maintaining customer facing relationships at all levels including suppliers and external contacts to ensure all quality and supply issues are quickly resolved.
· Liaise with suppliers to manage product information, taking ownership of supplier approval and challenging non-conformances to drive continuous improvements.
· Overseeing compliance with customer and industry standards, training others in the team to support the technical strategy in line with company procedures and objectives.
· Managing best practice standards across the business through providing a comprehensive technical and QA support service for internal teams as well as business partners, suppliers and customers.
· Maintaining and implementing Quality Management systems to the highest standards, ensuring total compliance with legal, customer and ISO/GMP+/Organic technical requirements.
· Monitoring document controls and updates, ensuring all specifications and technical data systems are completed regularly, accurately and in line with customer expectations and quality criteria.
· Managing supplier approvals, supplier audits and monitoring supplier performance.
This role would suit a bright and detail orientated candidate who is degree qualified and has a well-rounded knowledge of HACCP, food legislation, auditing principles and a working knowledge of Quality and Food safety standards (GFSI standards, ISO 22000, GMP+, organic standards). Ideally you’ll have 5 years experience within a Technical, or Quality role along with a proven record of improving systems and managing audits. You must also be confident liaising with internal teams and customers, demonstrating excellent communication and problem solving skills to provide outstanding levels of service. Please note that some suppliers are located both in the UK and overseas, so flexibility for travel often at short notice will also be a requirement for this role.
If you’re looking for your next Technical position where you can broaden your skills and experience then apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for QA Supply Chain Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly