National Account Manager
National Account Manager - Office based near Peterborough with UK travel - ambient food manufacturing client, looking after major retailer and foodservice clients.
Salary from 35 to 55k, plus £500 pcm car allowance plus benefits.
We are flexible in terms of depth of experience for this role, provided you have retailer facing experience from within the Food manufacturing / FMCG environments.
- Responsible for the development of profitable sales volume through a number of specified national accounts
- Working closely with senior management and other company departments, you will agree joint business plans to ensure that the sales and profit targets are achieved
- Target and develop new business opportunities in current accounts and with new customers
Working closely with the other National Account Manager, Account Executive and senior management as well as
The NPD and Technical Departments.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Input into the setting of the company’s annual sales and profit budget, and achievement thereafter within a specified number of national accounts
- Managing a specified number of national accounts, including regular visits to customers, and managing customer visits to our production sites
- Managing day to day issues and opportunities, resolving these as a key point of contact with all customers.
- Leading the idea generation of strategies alongside Commercial, Sales and NPD teams.
- Produce and submit comprehensive and accurate customer visit reports
- The routine management of all promotional and NPD activity within the specified national accounts
- Provide sales forecasts to the Supply Chain and Production Department
Responsibility for Resources (Assets)
- Input into the Company’s Private Label and Brand Product development programme
- Monitoring of the sales actual versus budget reports and corrective actions to address any shortfalls within specific customer accounts
- Management of individual sales accounts
Responsibility for Resources (People)
- Overall responsibility for customer’s representatives when attending the company’s management headquarters
- The use of own initiative with majority of independent action in the organisation of own work programme
- The use of own initiative with independent action in relation to instigating and managing customers visits to company sites
- Independent action in the formulation and management of customer promotion programmes
- Independent action in the organisation of, and attendance at meetings relevant to the ongoing development of the company’s customers
- Report informally on a daily basis with the Group Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Communicates daily with colleagues across the Product Development Department, Technical Department, Production Department, Packaging Department and Finance Department across both sites
- Communications daily with external customers, buyers and promotional agencies in respect of customer accounts
- Attend meetings in relation to sales activities and individual customer accounts
- Produces formal monthly progress reports to cover areas such as sales versus budget, new product listing, listing opportunities and promotional activity
- Produce formal account contact reports and arranges circulation to the appropriate personnel within 48 hours of the visit
- Possess sound project management skills, including the ability to influence and organise colleagues towards the successful and timely achievement of project objectives
- The job is performed both within the normal office environment and travelling to the premises of individual customers and their agents
- The job is required to provide cover support in periods of absence of other team members
- There are changes and extensions to the normal working pattern during periods of travel
- The Job holder is required to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad
- The job will be based at Peterborough site with travel to other sites & customers on a regular basis.
Entry Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with leading retailers and wholesalers in the UK grocery industry
- Own Label exposure and experience preferable
- A formal qualification from a college of further or higher education is required
- To have good communication, numerical and presentational skills
- Computer Literate – Word, Excel and Power point
- Management Skills
- Basic knowledge of Food Legislation
Competencies for Success:
- Communication Skills
- People Skills