National Account Manager, Food, London / Middlesex
Experienced National Account Executive / National Account Manager required for growing food business based in Middlesex.
My client is a privately owned manufacturer, importer, domestic distributor and exporter of premium quality food products. The business has been running for over twenty years and has a broad client base including; independent food retailers, Michelin stared restaurants, brasseries, restaurant chains, hotels, ready meal manufacturers, as well as event, institutional and airline caterers. They employ over a hundred people and have invested heavily over the years, they now have a state of the art chill-chain warehouse, production facility, modern offices, canteen and demonstration kitchen. My client has its own charitable foundation and also distributes food to local people in the city. They have also won numerous awards for their recycling achievements.
My client is looking for an experienced National Account Manager to come in and build on the current opportunities within the business, as well as help grow and manage new clients, specifically within contract catering, travel, events and the major pub chains.
You will have KPIs to hit;
- Gross profit
- % Margins targets
- New customers
- Increase in average weight of purchase amongst existing customers
You will be responsible for growing sales within existing accounts as well as knocking on the door of new customers that the business does not currently supply to. You will also forecast and budget sales and gross profit. As the National Account Manager you will plan and execute development days within the kitchen, as well as track and report on performance. You will be responsible for providing direction and support for direct reports and set their objectives.
To apply you must;
- Have experience of managing national / key accounts within a food business
- Be Passionate for food
- Be comfortable in speaking and presenting to new and existing customers
- Have strong commercial acumen
- Have strong IT skills -Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have the ability to think on your feet, and prioritise work load
- Be eager to learn and work as part of a cross functional team
- Have experience in dealing with difficult customers and learning from your experiences
Apply today to avoid missing out!
REF. NCM893853 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778