Role: Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Ripe now Ltd was formed as in 2006 by Julian Wright and Lewey Hook- commercial and technical minds with extensive experience within the fresh produce industry. They started little, the first pallets ever packed at Ripe Now Ltd were by the hands of Julian, Lewey and our Operations Director Neil Gott.
Today the company has over 100 full time employees, (many of them have been there from the very beginning!) and up to 50 seasonal employees. Currently the company has two sites- Coates site near Peterborough where all the mango and kiwi magic is happening and the Kirton site near Boston which is more focused on top quality 3rd party packing. Ripe Now has cool storage space of over 400 pallets and multiple conditioning rooms for mango, kiwi and other climacteric fruits.
The biggest advantage of Ripe Now is the team. Every department of a company contains people with years of experience and passion for their job. Ripe Now is not just a company, it’s a family.
We pride ourselves in the close relationships we have with customers and directly with growers around the world, this has taken time to have created a seamless supply calendar of smooth fleshed mango arrivals 52 weeks of the year.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager to join our team based at our Coates facility. Coates is a small village based to the east of Whittlesey and is easily commutable from Spalding, Wisbech and Peterborough areas.
- Full responsibility for the Quality aspects of the Company's operations.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation.
- Managing a team of 8 QCs and Team Leaders.
- Setting and maintaining rotas and ensuring holiday cover.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved: e.g. service levels.
- Assessing the Company's product specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Custodian of the Company’s BRC accreditation.
- Integration of BRC requirements throughout the business.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs.
- Maintaining standards of service for customers.
- Communicating directly with retail customers as required and ensuring the execution of corrective actions and compliance with customers' specifications.
- Working closely with the Ripening and Production teams to ensure focus on customer requirements.
We are looking for an innovative individual who is self-driven. Our people are our biggest asset so it is vital that you are a team player with excellent communication skills. The ability to support, coach and develop your team as well as other stake holders is hugely important. A proven background in people management is required.
You must be able to prioritise, delegate & have sound judgement: It is necessary to be aware of tasks in hand and ensure that an appropriate level of urgency is applied. It is particularly important to delegate responsibilities to others in the organisation, ensuring that the person to whom the work has been delegated has the appropriate capacity and skills.
Computer skills: We are looking for somebody who is computer literate in Word, Excel, Outlook and digital camera software. Experience of using Muddy Boots QC software would be desirable.
As a business we are always looking for ways to develop and improve. Therefore Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experience would be a benefit.
We appreciate that as a business we are pretty unique. Mango experience would be a huge benefit, however we are looking at individuals who have a background within fresh produce.
As custodian of the site’s BRC accreditation you must be able to demonstrate sound experience of delivering BRC in previous employment.
We are looking for a fast turnaround with this role so don’t delay. We can’t wait to meet you!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly