Mechanical Maintenance Learning & Assessment Officer
Position: Mechanical Learning Assessment Officer/Lecturer
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £36K per annum + circa 25 days holiday, good pension provision, and the opportunity to work in state of the art training centres in a growing industry aligned to apprenticeship provision.
Mechanical Learning Assessment Officer/Lecturer
An exciting full time permanent opportunity to be part of an Engineering Centre of Excellence and train and develop core skills for engineers of the future.
Have you reached the end of the road with your current job? Are you ready for a new challenge in Further Education?
If you have a passion for education with plenty of enthusiasm to develop and inspire the next generation, we want to hear from you!
E3 are pleased to be working alongside a leading Further Education provider to recruit for an experienced Mechanical Learning Assessment Officer/Lecturer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills and inspire the next generation of future engineers. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment a new manufacturing centre of excellence.
Already Key commitment and support from Big Blue Chip and SME clients within Engineering and Manufacturing throughout the West Yorkshire Region
You will be responsible for delivering Mechanical Maintenance and Process Learning programmes, and where appropriate assessment of NVQ activities and plant operations
- You will be qualified to HNC/HND Level Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred Experience within the Food Industry, Drink, FMCG or Process Industry
- Hands-on experience within operational environment
- Can communicate with commercial, engineering and manufacturing business
- Relate and develop the skills of young engineering apprentices
- Good All-rounder who can work within a small team with a passion to mentor and train the engineers of the future
- Ideally hold a formal teaching qualification or committed to work towards this
- Vocationally Competent to at least Level 3 in one engineering discipline (or graduate engineer), and have English & maths GCSE pass
- Work experience required can be from any sector, it would be an advantage if they were ex food and drink or chemical - we feel that the experience in house now will allow us to give individuals CPD to support their skills & knowledge development
- Must have maintenance back ground; be familiar with the challenges of operational Maintenance in a manufacturing environment, understand what good practice looks like and be familiar with systems and processes deployed in such maintenance environments
- With regards to 'Educational' qualifications; ideally the person will have an assessment qualification at L3 and or a teaching qualification - these are not essential provided the individual was committed to working towards achieving potentially both.
- Experience with apprentices is desirable, however the regulatory reforms going through now mean that much will change -provided they are a caring and nurturing individual, and can work to deadlines, and help students do the same while still absorbing learning.
- The role will involve in college Lecturing and assessing, as well as visiting apprentices in the workplace for reviews and assessments. The individual must be able to communicate with employers at various levels from MD to Manager, and Technician, while understanding both technical and softer skills that apprentices are expected to develop.
We are keen to hear from candidates that fell they have the skills and experience above who can demonstrate innovative techniques to motivate and inspire apprentices.
To apply please forward your details FAO Tracie Norton
This position is being advertised by E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business
Apply for Mechanical Maintenance Learning & Assessment Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly