Occupational Health Adviser
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Occupational Health Adviser
Location: Based in London
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Occ Health and Wellbeing Manager
Hovis Limited is a baking and flour milling business jointly owned by The Gores Group (51%) and Premier Foods plc (49%). Headquartered in High Wycombe we employ around 3,200 people at 8 bakeries, 4 flour mills, 1 wheat malting, 1 ingredients mixing facility and 3 regional distribution centres across the UK.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for an occupational Health Adviser based at our sites in London to:
- Conduct risk related health surveillance and health screening medicals in accordance with Hovis OHW policies and procedures.
- Provide timely and clinically appropriate assessment of individual’s health with feedback and recommendations to Management as appropriate, maximising attendance levels for employees where possible.
- Advise managers on providing a safe workplace with minimum risk to health so far as is reasonably practicable Advise managers on the prevention and precautions against, and/or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, noise, stress, environmental issues and manual handling risks to minimise negative health effects Provide opportunities for Hovis employees to optimise their health and wellbeing through health promotion activities Work consistently with evidence based and/or best practice OH guidelines at all times (with reference to Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures) Ensure OHW activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, human resources, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care Data gathering and recording information is appropriate, accurate and timely, with the maintenance of spreadsheets for statistical monitoring. Record keeping and information provided complies with data protection principles and Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines Site and Senior Managers are aware of relevant health issues and actions required via regular reports Emerging or new health issues are identified early and proactive preventative measures put in Liaising as necessary with other Hovis OH staff, external agencies and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions Continue self-development and maintenance of PREP requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse with experience in an Occupational Health setting
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Car driver and owner
- Registered Nurse with experience of Occupational Health
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Practitioner
Closing Date: 30th September 2017
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK