Great opportunity for a manager with production/manufacturing experience to join a medium-sized and highly successful company based near Dumfries.
- Schedule and communicate production activities
- Plan and communicate operator shifts
- Lead, manage and motivate your team
- Work closely with quality and technical departments to ensure quality products are being despatched in line with customer expectations and quality management processes
- Work in tandem with the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) Manager to ensure legislation and policy are adhered to
- Full responsibility for managing team discipline in line with company policy and liaison with HR
- Conduct performance and development reviews
- Attend and participate in scheduled corporate meetings and training
- Working with the training co-ordinator, prepare analysis of training needs and prepare and implement an ongoing training and development plan for each member of your team
- Implementation of improvement projects
- A good communicator who is firm but fair in their dealings with people, with some understanding of Employment Law legislation
- A calm and confident approach to dealing with non-routine problems
- Previous experience working within COMAH regulations very useful
- Current Lean manufacturing experience, having played a key role in the implementation of changes
- Ability to continually assess and improve the quality and effectiveness of all activities
- Familiarity with automated production processes and control rooms
- Sound information and experience based attitude to decision making
- Experienced in supply chain and warehouse management
- Computer literate, in particular in the use of ERP systems in manufacturing and warehousing
- Financial acumen; previous financial accountability.
Job Reference: JF1001
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly