Factory Quality Manager
Job description About the Role
The position of Factory Quality Manager reports to the Factory Manager and is responsible for supporting the food quality, safety and hygiene agenda in one of our busy factories. You will have a strong ‘dotted’ reporting line in to the Technical team which oversees quality assurance and controls for our entire Refresco site in Bridgwater.
Your critical goal will be to ensure that products meet legal and safety requirements and are manufactured 'right first time' in compliance with internal and external specifications and standards.
As Quality Manager your key day duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Implement compliance and improve the Refresco Quality System.
- Support and develop & launch programmes.
- Develop and deliver training packages and systems to support operational teams in delivering agreed quality procedures.
- Problem solve /trouble shoot to root cause and implement robust solutions.
- Provide technical support to address consumer and customer complaints.
- Implement quality improvement projects through teams.
- Ensure due diligence is demonstrated to satisfy the requirements of the external agencies.
- Extract data from the Harford System and ensure all data requested by the Factory Manager is available on time.
- Oversee the NCR process ensuring thorough investigation to understand root causes.
- Ensure GMP / Hygiene standards are communicated and enforced.
- Reviewing & understanding third party standards.
- Communicate with all relevant parties so documents can be checked and adjusted.
- Support external audits for the various standards, communicate and ensure right people available on the day.
- Support all aspects of the NPD launch process are proactively completed as required and all relevant personnel are involved.
You are a food quality, food technical professional, ideally with a minimum of 3 years experience of the food and drinks manufacturing industry and with some managerial or supervisory exposure too.
You will need to have an HND or Degree qualification in food science, food technology or food hygiene subject and you will have practical experience of QMS / IMS processes and procedures, BRC and ISO standards and also HACCP.
This role is ideal for an individual who is ambitious to develop their career and progress to senior management roles in the future. The role has no direct reports, but needs an individual with strong communication and influencing skills as the Quality Manager works very closely with the Production and Engineering teams delivering Refresco product as a close knit team.
Your Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) will include:
- Quality improvements - such as audit ready, ‘right first time’ & reduction of consumer complaints.
- Effective use of Harford System and extraction of key data.
- Reducing NCR repeat issues.
- Improvements to quality systems.
- Successful launch processes.
- Successful audit results.
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Here in the UK, we're well on track to produce one billion litres through our plant annually. Overseas? We already have 30 factories in 10 countries – and we're actively looking to expand our operation.
Head quartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands, Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers with production in Benelux, France, Germany, Iberia, Italy, the UK, Poland and Finland. In 2016 the company realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.5 billion litres and circa EUR 2.5 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its product and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco employs approximately 5,500 staff.
In the UK, Refresco Beverages UK is based Bridgwater, Somerset, employs 850 people and we run four factories. We produced 750 million litres in 2016. Our target is a billion litres by the end of 2018, and we are well on target to achieve this goal. We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's and Sainsbury to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray and Um Bongo.
Refresco floated publicly on the Euronext stock exchange in March 2015. In July 2016 we announced the acquisition of Whitlock Packaging in the US, our first foray in to the US drinks market, adding 900 million litres of drinks per annum to our production.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Factory Quality Manager will pay up to £35,000 per annum plus bonus plus benefits.