Asset Care Technician
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1 .1 Billion. Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 6 in the United States, we employ c.11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Prepared Meals is a major manufacturer of chilled prepared meals, chilled pasta sauces and soups as well as meat spreads and the UK's leading producer of quiche. It has five well-invested facilities in Kiveton, Warrington, Wisbech, Bristol and Consett. Greencore manufactures in excess of 150 million prepared meals each year and produces nearly half of all of the UK's quiche.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Team Leaders to join our team based in Kiveton, Sheffield. The main purpose of the role is to provide a co-ordinating & leadership role for the team against set priorities.
- Operate all key machinery in your designated area.
- Maintain and improve planned set up and changeover of the machinery times using Lean principles, ensuring minimum impact on production performance.
- Complete first stage maintenance and repairs on key machinery to the agreed standard.
- Train and develop others to be competent and effective machine operators.
- Assess state of machinery & prioritise maintenance activity to minimise the impact on production performance.
- Ensure all machinery is stripped down & rebuilt in line with the Standard Operating Procedures - clean down with air, strip and lubricate, re-assembly and store correctly.
- Manage safe & reliant performance on designated Asset plant equipment and systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving asset reliability through the development and application of appropriate asset care policies for defined equipment and systems.
Maintain the Asset care facilitates and storage areas to the agreed high standards and maintain the tooling provided to the same standard. If for any reason the facilitates and/or storage do not meet the agreed standard escalate to the Shift Production Manager. Ensure a comprehensive handover is completed with the Engineering
team when a breakdown occurs or a repair is required.
- Completion of relevant paperwork, statistics & systems updates.
- Maintain and promote all G.M.P. procedures, 'clean as you go', I.E clean blocking heads and trolleys, audit process control and maintain a high level of cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure safe cleaning methods are followed at all times in order to allow clear machinery inspection.
- Ensure, when cleaning the equipment and machinery, site hygiene standards are met and maintained.
- Ensure all hygiene tools in the area are clean, fit for use and hygienically stored
- Work as a team player to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness are reached and maintained.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum one year Food/FMCG manufacturing experience
OR minimum 3 years manufacturing experience
- Basic Engineering knowledge NVQ Level 2 Maintenance or equivalent
- Ideal from a machinery background.
Hourly rate of £9.38
Day Shift: 05:30 - 13:30
Afternoon Shift: 13:30 - 21:30
Night Shift: 21:30 - 05:30
Weekend Shift: 05-30 - 17:30