The role involves moving both Raw Materials and Finished Goods to and from vehicles in a safe manner and highlighting where areas are not safe so the correct action can be taken. Most of the work is completed using Fork lift trucks but there may also be other work included such as wrapping, labelling and stacking of pallets as well as stock counts. This may be completed in Areas that have low temperatures at around -20 degrees although suitable clothing will be provided.
Reporting to the Cold Store Supervisor, you will be responsible for the Health and Safety as well as the Hygiene of your Area. Other duties include Fork Truck inspections and pre start checks. You will need to hold a Reach Truck licence to RTITB Level and in accordance with their training.
- Responsible for the day to day duties of the Cold store Team shift.
- Health and Safety Compliance in accordance with the company policy.
- Completion of all safety checks including Fork lift Trucks and Loading Bay checks.
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner and promoting a safe working environment within your team and across the site wide.
- Loading and Unloading of Vehicles ( to the correct specification and quality)
- Scanning Pallets into stock and also out of stock checks to be done on all stock to make sure that accuracy of stock is not affected.
- Drive all Fork lifts within the guideline set and as per the RTITB training.
- Help Induct and Train any new Agency Employees and Train as and where necessary and sign off against SOP.
- Complete all loads OTIF
- Communicate any shortfalls in advance by using the correct escalation procedure.
- Report any Incidents or Accidents using the correct escalation procedure
- Make sure Stock accuracy is maintained by following Intake and Delivery processes and Procedures in line with SOP’s.
- Reach Truck Licence
- Counter Balance Licence
- Health and Safety Qualification Level 2 or above
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Manual Handling Experience
- Worked with Scanning Equipment
- Experience of Working in a Cold store Environment (Cold temperatures)
The Company operates a rotating shift pattern. Normal working pattern will be 07:00 to 19:00 followed by rest shifts followed by nights 19:00 to 07:00.
About the company
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.