Site Technical Manager
Drummond Bridge have been retained by one of the UK’s largest producers of fish and seafood to recruit a Site Technical Manager.
The organisation produce for food service and retail, both in the UK and around the world and manage several farming sites as well as specialised production facilities handling fresh, frozen, marinated, smoked and other value added lines. The business provides a complete range of services, from basic fish processing and supply through to full product development cycle. They are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Manager to help lead and develop their technical function at their site in the North East of Scotland.
The Role and Primary Responsibilities:
This role represents an opportunity to join this leader in their field at a key point in its development. The company has a clear vision for the future and are looking to bring the right talent into the business to help bring this vision to life.
As Site Technical Manager you will play a key part in the success of the business, you will be responsible for delivering product safety and quality through the implementation of the highest technical, production and hygiene standards. This will allow the organisation to deliver a first-class service to retail customers and will help to support new product development and innovation.
Reporting directly to the General Manager for the site you will have accountability for Quality, Hygiene, Compliance, Customer Service and managing a team in these areas. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Management of the supply base including supplier risk assessment and assurance, chain of custody, quality control of incoming fish raw material, ingredients and packaging
- Manage the quality management system with an emphasis on a proactive continuous improvement approach linked to training needs and health and safety
- Manage the site food safety control systems including HACCP, date code and labelling and allergen control system, you will also be responsible for managing the effectiveness of these systems
- Lead on internal audits and manage the site internal audit programme, including systems, allergen, HACCP, GMP and hygiene audits
- Manage factory specifications, QAS and compliance paperwork
- Manage product testing and surveillance covering product microbiology, environmental and process hygiene monitoring, product nutritional and chemical testing
- Delivery of technical aspects of NPD, including customer specifications, raw material specs, supplier approval and shelf life testing
- Production of safe and quality products
- Clean and hygienic factory
- Maintain green status for all supplier audits
- Successful delivery of technical aspects of NPD critical path
Who We Are Looking:
The successful candidates is required to have a demonstrable track record of developing and implementing technical policies and procedures and extensive experience of leading projects. It is also essential that the desired candidate has both excellent internal and external stakeholder management experience, with the ability to manage multiple external contracts. You will be an excellent leader who strives to get the best out of their teams in the right manner.
In addition to this you will possess the following:
- Experience of leading on customer audits through to successful completion
- Communication and negotiation skills are a key competence to ensure full stakeholder engagement and the ability to work with people of all levels and different cultures
- Analytical, problem solving and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator, written and verbal
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others and reaching consensus on specific actions
- Results driven, self-confident individual with an ability to influence peers and superiors
- Strong character and customer facing/people skills
- Consistent drive and energy with a positive attitude
- Flexible work ethic
- Personable, open and honest with personal integrity
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established and successful business, this is an extremely important role for the organisation and there is a real chance for an experienced technical manager to join the business and help to make a real change.