Delivered Services Manager
Delivered Services Manager
Hours: 45 per week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
The Opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers and suppliers of ethnic food in the UK.
The company now operates from four depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, Peterborough and Derby.
The company is a family business with over 30 years heritage supplying the catering trade. Our aim is to provide our customers with the right products at the best possible prices in order to meet their business needs. The company offers thousands of products covering all major categories from catering, grocery, licensed and soft drinks, frozen, chilled and fresh produce. We operate a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across theUK.
The Company is a growing business and a dynamic place to work.
We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we are looking to appoint a Delivered Services Manager into our Nottingham Depot.
- To Manage and Lead a team of employees in line with operational needs, company policy and procedure
- To ensure orders are picked accurately and in a timely manner, and where necessary , support the team to get the orders picked
- To ensure fantastic customer service is delivered consistently both in store and out on the road.
- To coordinate drivers to ensure deliveries are completed within customer requirements and cost effectively.
- To ensure customer payments are collected securely.
- To assist with loading/unloading of deliveries and the day-to-day management of your team’s holidays/sickness, etc.
- Liaise with the Store Manager, telesales team and Finance Director regarding improvements and coordination of the delivered service.
- Resolve customer complaints effectively to improve the delivery offering going forward.
- As a key holder you will be required to comply with security requirements when locking up and opening the store, in addition to on call on a rota with other managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours;
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
This role involves a high level of manual handling and heavy lifting.
You will be highly organised and proactive with a self-motivated approach. You will be a team player with a flexible, positive attitude and must have excellent communication skills.
In addition you will have:
- 1-2 years relevant delivery management experience in a delivered retail/wholesale environment.
- Experience of using all Microsoft packages proficiently
- A working knowledge of VOSA requirements for up to Class 2 delivery vehicles
- The ability to manage your own workload and multitask effectively.
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme, free uniform, NVQs and lots more!!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive if you do not hear from us within four weeks your application has not been successful.