Export Manager Nottingham
Full Time: 45 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum with a lucrative bonus
The Company is a growing business and a dynamic place to work.
Due to continued Company growth and expansion we are looking for an Export Manager to join the team.
We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
One of the UK leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers, exporters and suppliers of Ethnic food in the UK.
The company now operates from four depots in the Midlands, which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, Peterborough and Derby and operates a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across the UK.
Responsible for managing the sale of products or services to customers in other countries, you will develop knowledge of the cultural, business and political background of the countries you are responsible for, together with an understanding of consumer tastes. You will combine this with the results of market research to decide what will sell in these countries and how to sell it and look for new opportunities to sell to different international markets.
- Plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods.
- Negotiate with a variety of people, such as shippers, agents and vendors, and have excellent customer service skills in dealing with customers.
- Keep track of invoices and prepare reports to expedite the billing process.
- Ensure that shipments are in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the export industry.
- Provide quotations for larger orders, and, where necessary, complete a tender document and agree a final contract if the bid is successful.
- Monitor the processing of orders and check that the distribution is running smoothly and that everything is on
- Deal with any complaints or queries that occur.
- Produce marketing plans, budgets and sales reports for discussion by company management.
- Organise sales briefings and conferences, and visit international trade fairs.
- Produce reports on international markets and issues and feedback to Company Directors.
The candidate will need to:
- Ideally have existing portfolio of customers and distributors
- Be familiar with international markets
- Able to work under pressure
- Have full understanding of supply chain
- Have knowledge and experience of export laws and regulations
- Knowledge of currency market.
- Be educated to degree level in economics, business and accounting - preferable
- Have excellent customer service skills, verbal communication skills and negotiation skills
- Foreign language skills - preferable
- Be self-motivated, demanding, hardworking and able to work autonomously and work to deadlines
- Be IT literate and have excellent administrative skills
- Have a good level of commercial awareness in a wholesale / retail environment
- Be prepared to travel internationally
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships.
In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme, pension and more!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.