A rapidly expanding food company focused on delivering the highest quality of products and service to our growing customer base. This company deals in imported ambient goods. They have experienced significant double-digit growth in the past decade, supplying key customers in the retail, wholesale and manufacturing sectors of the UK food industry and have been going for 160 years.
They are looking for a tenacious, resourceful, Shift Manager with excellent management skills to control the processing and packing of our products and ensure compliance with all legal and quality requirements.
You'll be responsible for production staff, managing and controlling the processing and packing of all products to customer specifications at optimum cost/efficiency and ensuring compliance with:
- Product safety, legality, traceability and quality requirements.
- Health and safety requirements.
- Hygiene and housekeeping requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Produce all products to customer specification, as detailed on the daily production plan.
- Provide labour content, film waste and raw material waste for product costings.
- Identify cost savings through continuous improvement.
- Control all direct costs (i.e. labour, raw material /packaging waste) and Input costing data
- All areas of hygiene, housekeeping, food safety, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality are met at all times.
- All tasks are carried out safely and in a safe working environment.
- Recruit and manage the operatives employed in completing customer requirements
- Ensure that all members of staff are adequately trained and competent to carry out their duties
You will be expected to
- Check manning levels; Confirm roll call for production teams; Arrange cover for weekends and 24-hour production; Check holiday cover
- Review days plan and provide performance updates for planning
- Conduct attendance hearings and behavioural disciplinaries
- Support trials / pre-trial meetings and customer and internal audits
- Drive improvement projects
- Complete accident investigations and near miss reporting
- Report H&S issues
- Escalate any occasions of gross misconduct and to keep a record of minor misdemeanours for escalation on the third occasion.
You will have:
- Experience working in a busy production department in the food industry
- A positive and tenacious attitude
- The ability to operate as a critical member of a complex team
The hours for this post are rotating shifts of 6.00am - 2.00pm / 2.00pm - 10.00pm Monday to Friday.
Interested? Then apply now and we will contact you with more detail
Indicative salary: £32,000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.