My client is a leading award winning, independently owned food business of ambient products, with an international supply base in over 20 countries.
The Buyer will be working in a small team and be responsible for undertaking all activities relating to sourcing individual products. You will take a pro-active role in the company and will at times be expected to support the sales team in their commercial negotiations with the customer base.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with all existing and new suppliers.
- Liaise with key suppliers to keep up with their latest products.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned product groups including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers for each product group.
- Assist with sourcing and the tender submissions for customers.
- Manage product supply to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development.
- Collaborate with the Technical Team on supplier quality issues and quality monitoring to include resolving problems at supplier sites.
- Research the market and/or new markets as required in order to extend and improve the company’s product ranges
Qualifications & Competencies
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree (Industrial year desirable)
- Second language useful preferably Spanish or French
- Confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Analytically and process minded.
- Exceptional negotiation techniques.
- Strong commercial and financial management skills.
- Highly motivated and project-driven.
- Personal attributes
- “Can do” attitude
- Dynamic and determined with a passion for what they do
- Result driven
- Tenacious Interest in FMCGs and the food industry
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 45000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.