Do you have People at the Core and have a passion for leading?
Greencore Atherstone are looking for an experienced Production Manager to manage all aspects of the manufacturing operation on the night shift. You will ensure that agreed production plans are met and all manufacturing standards are adhered to.
This is a night vacancy working 5 out of 7 days, 8.30 pm - 5 am.Main responsibilities
- Lead, co-ordinate and prioritise activity across a shift to deliver productivity and efficiency targets in line with the agreed production plan
- Ensure the adherence of all food manufacturing safety and quality standards by all teams on shift safeguarding the delivery of great tasting, high quality food products
- Review operational trends across the shift to identify and act upon opportunities that make sustainable improvements in quality, performance and profit
- Lead the ongoing development of the SHE culture, promoting adherence to manufacturing guidelines, accident investigation and audit recommendations to support and improve health and safety in the working environment
- Ensure that strong communication and information flows are maintained within the operations team to ensure that immediate issues are resolved and ongoing items and trends are shared with the broader operations community
- Forecast and control labour requirements, direct and indirect, to meet production programme requirements and customer expectations within budget
- Monitor and review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
- A good standard of education is critical; excellent literacy and numerical skills, able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- Demonstrable analytical skills – ability to pull actionable insight from data
- Prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation
- Green/Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification
- Experience of managing large numbers of people in a complex manufacturing environment
- Level Three Health and Safety – IOSH
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.