HGV Radial driver
HGV Radial driver
Location: Based at Chandlers Ford, Hants
Type of Role: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to : Logistics Operations Manager
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Newly appointed CEO Nish Kankiwala is bringing a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. Hovis Limited employs approximately 3,800 people at 9 bakeries, 6 flour mills and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Hovis is one of the largest bakery brands in the UK and amongst the best known food brands in the country. Hovis Limited also makes Mothers Pride, Ormo and retailer branded bakery products and supplies flour to a range of customers under its Rank Hovis, Fleming Howden and Holgran trading platforms.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis. We are looking for a number of LGV2 Drivers at our site in Chandlers Ford, Hants, to contribute to the Distribution Objectives:-
- To be responsible for the delivery of products to our customers as required.
- To work in a professional manner at all times and be polite, courteous and well presented when dealing with customers.
- To work within a team in a manner which supports the Company’s ethos on Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement and High Work Standards.
- LGV Cat C (HGV Class 2 licence)
- Experience within FMCG or fast moving goods Distribution Environment, with some driving experience
- Knowledge and experience of short shelf life products and daily delivery operations
- Knowledge of products and customer requirements
- Basic IT literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Early morning starts – average 48 hours a week, spread over 7 days
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK