Project Manager - Global CAPEX Projects, Aarhus
Arla Foods is embarking on one of the highest single year investments in the company’s history, with plans to spend €335m across the global supply chain. We are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to join us either at our head office Aarhus although your role will also involve travel at Arla production facilities across Europe. In this role you will report to the Director for CAPEX Projects and you will provide strong support to Operations at the production sites mainly in Europe but potentially at any other site in the world.
- Your top priority is to support our production sites with world class CAPEX Project Management, mainly in Denmark but also at any other Arla location in the world.
- You will perform feasibility studies and recommend directions for optimal project design in an accurate manner and provide support in the process of developing and approving a business case.
- You will own contracting and monitoring of vendors performance and maintain the relevant business relationship accordingly.
- You will monitor and control projects and the involved project members and report possible deviations to suppliers and internal customers.
- You document both approved project plans and specifications as well as regular progress reports and budget compliance.
- Finally you will lead effective project meetings, inform stakeholders in a timely and precise manner while creating a positive and proactive environment of project management excellence and continuous improvement.
- The ideal candidate shows 5 years of experience in a comparable position within a global FMCG company or within any other process industry.
- Preferably you will have a bachelor degree in engineering or business but also candidates with an education as Technician and relevant professional experience are equally welcome
- Strong business acumen helps you in both liaising with Senior Site Directors and VP Operations but at the same time you must be comfortable on the factory floor in a hands on capacity.
- Sovereignly dealing with ambiguity enables you to move confident on senior leadership level and act as a leader yourself by setting purpose and vision - even without formal authority
- You are an independent self-starter equipped with the personality to work under a minimum of operational guidance. The nature of the role will mean regular travel around Europe (mostly UK, Germany, Sweden and Denmark)
- Fluency in English and ideally Danish is required. Candidates who can also speak German will be in an advantageous position.