PRODUCT MANAGER – FRESH PRODUCE & SALAD – KENT
Product Manager – Fresh Produce & Salad – Kent
- Competitive Salary (+10% bonus)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (accruable over time)
- Competitive pension
An opportunity has arisen to work as a Product Manager for a fast growing fresh produce distributor. This business has recently increased their turnover by £30M in the last year, and is looking to expand their product management team across the fruit & salads sector. This opportunity will give you the chance to work in an expanding and highly professional business.
- A role that will give you the chance to ensure operational excellence by helping to maintain a culture of ruthless efficiency, individual responsibility and effective communication.
- Assisting with other managers in the product team as required, providing cover for all aspects of their job as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with other teams on quality and other issues day to day.
- Attending senior management meetings with senior management on a regular basis in order to contribute to and further the business aims and long term strategy of the business.
- Providing recommendations during the daily operations meeting to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Assist in the preparation of samples and conduct trials. Also, re-inspection of returned products and create utilisation plans.
- Being involved with supplier visits and ensuring 95% accuracy is delivered on QA reporting.
- Confident with strong communication skills.
- Experience with fruit, vegetables or salad.
- Some experience with forecasting and planning.
- The ability to be proactive and work autonomously.
- Have an open and engaging attitude is essential.
- Intermediate maths and English skills are essential
This is an exceptional opportunity to work not just with a business which can offer real career progression, but also to work with a market leader in a hugely competitive sector. For an energetic and driven Product Manager who is prepared to work hard and integrate into a highly experienced team, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described.