Watts Farms Packers are recruiting a Production supervisor to join our Farningham based team. The purpose of the role is to supervise in the Packhouse and yard areas.
Watts Farms is a third-generation family run business which covers 9 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire spanning 750 hectares. Watts Farms Packers Ltd grows, harvests and packs fresh produce and supplies retailers and non-retail outlets. We grow a very large range of crop including kale, spinach, fresh herbs, chilies, brassicas and Chinese leaf to name just a few, and recently hit national press for being the first UK grower to produce a commercial crop of sweet potatoes.
Reporting to the Assistant Packhouse Manager, you will be instrumental in supervising and planning daily production.
This will involve accountability for attaining daily production plans whilst effectively managing materials in line with the business KPIs.
Some of the other key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountability for supervising Packhouse and yard areas.
- Ensure all the required standards and principles are consistently followed.
- Input/Analyse weekly and daily target costs.
- Report weekly issues to Assistant and Senior Packhouse Manager.
- Manage plant equipment.
- Supervise, lead and train staff ensuring processes and policies are followed.
- Ensure the site areas remains clean and tidy at all times.
- To assist and support the Assistant Packhouse Manager.
What are we looking for?
This is an exciting time for an experienced supervisor to join the team as the business continues to experience growth. The successful candidate will be keen to have a career within a busy and successful fresh produce company and be able to demonstrate at least two years’ experience at supervsiory level, ideally within a produce industry. Furthermore, being commercially aware and demonstrating a strong commitment to quality and customer service is essential.
You must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills.
- Working in a time critical environment with the ability to make decisions in isolation.
- Experience of delivering training to staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues.
- IT literate.
- Ability to determine priorities and be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in approach to work.
Hours of work
You will work 5 days per week Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30am – 5.30pm. Flexibility is essential in order to meet the requirements of the role.
What can we offer you?
- £24,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Pension auto-enrolment
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
- Career progression.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES