Global Food Certification Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Global Food Certification Manager, to join our worldwide organisation. The successful candidate will work as part of the Global Audit, Certification and Training team to lead the development and effectiveness of the global food certification operation, ensuring sustained profitable growth in line with the overall Food strategy.
- To lead the development and delivery of operational excellence in the accredited GFSI food certification schemes and other globally managed food schemes (where no sector specific manager exists) to ensure sustained profitable growth in line with the overall Food strategy.
- To lead the strategic development of accredited food certification in new areas and monitor competitor activity to ensure the client maintains and strengthens its number 1 position in global food certification.
- To lead a team of scheme specific Global Product Managers (GPMs) to ensure all quality, operational, commercial and customer service objectives are met at all times and that the team is motivated and empowered to develop continuously and realises its potential.
- To liaise with and support other sector specific food audit segment managers (e.g. seafood/aquaculture, farm, etc) to ensure consistency of systems and processes.
- To work closely with Global Technical and Operations Team to ensure the accredited food certification schemes comply with global procedures and meet all the scheme and accreditation body requirements and timelines.
- To identify opportunities for simplification, improvement and harmonisation in the execution of GFSI schemes to drive consistent technical standards and maximise efficiency of the food certification operation.
- To provide technical lead and expertise to the global food and agriculture network, including the sales and commercial teams, relating to accredited food certification.
- To implement the transfer of other GFSI scheme management into CBE structure (as directed) ensuring a smooth transition and effective ongoing operation and management.
- To support the Global Food Certification, Audit & Training team in the further development of new food safety solutions and capabilities, to complement the existing department portfolio.
- To develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with GFSI and other key stakeholder groups to ensure the client is strongly represented and its viewpoint is heard at the right level and communicate key initiatives to the network and GPMs.
- To liaise and cooperate with other ‘non-food specific’ Product Managers to enable efficient delivery of coordinated multi-standard certification (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001 etc) to food clients.
- Strong knowledge of Food certification especially GFSI schemes and GMP principles
- Detailed knowledge of HACCP principles
- A solid understanding of accreditation requirements
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with ability to inspire effective teamwork across a matrix organisation as well as own team
- Highly effective communicator at all levels (assertive but tactful)
- Commercial / business acumen
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of time
- Extensive experience in managing and/or auditing in at least two of the main GFSI schemes (BRC, IFS, FSSC, SQF, GlobalGAP)
- Experience of working in a highly regulated business with documented procedures
- Experience in working with certification scheme owners (e.g. BRC, IFS, SQF, GlobalGAP)
- GFSI recognised scheme or ISO9001 Lead Auditor qualification / registration
- Proven experience as a trainer or coach either internally or externally to groups or individuals
- Experience of working in a Certification Body
- Experience of working with Accreditation Bodies and leading in any of their external audits
- Change management experience
- Technical or Food Certification Leader with 5+ years of experience managing technical teams and GFSI food certification systems
- Degree in Food or science related discipline
- HACCP (minimum 2 day duration certificated course)
- Food industry background or experience working in a technical /certification service provider to the food industry
The location for the role is flexible and will involve approximately 20% travel. The position also comes with an excellent package.
To find out more and to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01296 611 319