Job location: Liverpool (Seaforth)
Cargill’s portfolio of refined vegetable oils allows our customers in food manufacturing, retail, catering and food services to create a wide range of tasty and nutritious food products. We partner with our customers to develop innovative products and solutions together to help them meet their consumer’s requirements.
We are looking to appoint a skilled and experienced Support Technician to be based out of our crush and refinery plant in Liverpool (Seaforth) to operate the plant safely and efficiently whilst optimising production through the best utilisation of the plant’s equipment.
- Support the manufacturing operations to provide best in class operating performance and ensure safe working practices are adhered to by Cargill personnel and contractors
- Ensure the efficient and safe movement and handling of materials, products and chemicals across the Seaforth site
- Support operations for cover during plant shut downs, start-ups and long term absence cover
- Maintain housekeeping of the plant including awareness of the Environmental Permit for the site and the operating conditions and limits within it; using Maximo system to report and track any maintenance issues or safety issues found during the shift; complying with audit and safety requirements.
- Ensure plant cleanliness and compliance with audit requirements
- To undertake problem solving and decision making within the plant and within a self-managed, continuous improvement environment
- Report and track any maintenance issues or safety issues found during the shift and through operator care
- Flexibility is a key requirement of the position to meet business needs and the ability to work different shifts to cover long term sickness and training
- NVQ II/HNC in mechanical or chemical engineering, or process engineering
- Strong experience within an industrial process environment
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including English and Maths)
- Basic computer skills
- First aid qualified
- Effective communication skills- spoken and written
- Ability to plan and organise
- Good housekeeping skills with the ability to clean and organise industrial areas
- Experience of working in a self- managed team environment
- The ability to work a flexible shift pattern
- Fork Lift Truck, Loading Shovel, Cherry Picker and/ or Bobcat Licenses would be beneficial, but full training will be provided
- Knowledge of HACCP/ Environmental permits would be beneficial