Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Hull
The Cargill site at Hull is responsible for processing vegetable seeds to produce oil and meal for our customers in the food industry. The successful candidate will operate safely and efficiently the site crush production process ensuring all production requirements are met. This will include meeting all environmental, health and safety (EHS) requirements, volume expectations, customer specification and site efficiencies. This is a hands-on role and once training is completed you would be required to work on a shift Rota system, including weekends and bank holiday working. Flexibility is required to cover other Crush Plant Operators from their shifts if required and in case of absence.
- Safety device testing to ensure safe operation of the plant processes
- To execute all of the major functions of the plant, preparation and extraction processes, boiler house and cooling towers
- The fully trained Crush Plant Operator will be flexible enough to cover operations in all departments for at any given time.
- Cover sickness/absence on other shifts and provide full support to the operation in emergency situations
- Plant start-ups, shutdowns and seed switches including interacting with supervisory and maintenance teams. Also liaise with the Product Handler team on a daily basis with regard to seed storage and selection
- Monitor and control quality parameters with online and laboratory data, make necessary process adjustments to ensure that product quality is assured. Carry out routine process quality control tests
- Monitor plant equipment performance including surveys on essential items such as flaking rolls and expellers – use shift log to report and track maintenance and safety issues
- Use of RTDuet system to record incidents of plant interruption, including input at IDEX meetings to consider these.
- Preparation of a shift log including details of safety issues to ensure good shift handover.
- Coordinate with supervisory team regarding production expectations and training requirements
- Assist with new projects
- Carry out housekeeping duties within the department
- Training of Operators and Technical Management Trainee’s
- A flexible approach to work ; the Shift pattern involves 12 hour shifts and Bank holiday working is also required
- Proven industrial experience
- 5 GCSE’s A-C (Including English & Maths)
- HNC or NVQ III in a relevant technical discipline is preferred
- Mechanical/ Electrical engineering/ diagnostic skills is preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methods is preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Ability to work in a practical, hands-on environment
- Numerate and PC literate
- Has a focus on safety at all time
- Respectful of other people
- Diligence on the job
- Excellent timekeeping skills and reliable
Apply for Plant Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly