Engineering Stores Administrator
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: York
Cargill’s cocoa & chocolate business has nurtured the flavours of cocoa and chocolate for almost 50 years, making delicious products for chocolate, confectionery and food manufacturers across the globe. We produce cocoa powder, butter and liquor as well as coatings, fillings and chocolate for industrial applications.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the York site in ensuring effective material purchasing, inventory control and stores management, as well as supporting Cargill’s Worksop site remotely. A major focus of this position will be to develop the inventory and stores management system following Cargill procedures. The procedures will need to be developed, updated and improved, to reach the end goal of a best in class engineering stores environment. The position holder will perform administrative duties in support of the maintenance and reliability team and will ensure the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system (Maximo), is utilised and updated to gain all available benefits of the system.
This position is a part- time position for 24 hours per week and would suit a candidate with the need for flexible hours.
- To work with the Maintenance Manager to create and develop a system for inventory and stores management utilising Maximo
- Ordering and re-ordering of goods and services to support plant operations (including stock and non-stock items)
- Ensure the correct parts are available for the maintenance team to carry out planned repairs and overhauls
- To strictly control housekeeping in the stores area
- Identification of new material requirements/ obsolescence and updating of the Maximo system to reflect these changes
- Stock checking of stocked goods in the York and Worksop locations
- To use the Maximo system to submit purchase request with relevant quotations for suppliers and to receipt parts and services in the stores system
- Resolution of stores related invoice non-conformance issues
- Adhere to local purchasing and stores management procedures
- General administration as required; scan and file service work sheets, compile reports, support with the weekly scheduled meetings and contribute to improving the maintenance department
- GCSE’s in Maths and English at minimum C grade
- A-levels or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Strong IT skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
- A good team player who can work with different departments but also on their own initiative
- Experience of working with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) especially Maximo would be highly beneficial
- Experience within an engineering stores environment in a food, FMCG or manufacturing environment would be advantageous