Vacancy for a Quality Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Directors and Technical Quality Manager, the successful candidate will set a high standard in areas of Quality and technical management support of our free range egg producers and packing centre.
- Dealing with free range producer documentation to Lion and Freedom Food standards
- Support Directors in producer auditing as requested
- Assist Quality Technical Manager with the site Quality management and HACCP systems to the highest standard
- Quality Testing
- Daily office administration
- Answering the telephone and dealing with customer orders
- Be able to play a key role in customer relationships.
- Organising relevant training for both staff and producers
- Ordering supplies as instructed.
Skills and Experience Essential
- Communication and organisation skills
- Team working skills
- IT skills
- Understanding of Quality Management systems/HACCP
- Experience in dealing with all customers from small retailers/restaurants to major multiples and ensuring all their standards are met
- Experience in dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and literacy skills
- Ability to undertake staff induction and training
- Interact with staff to maintain high standards
- Ability to work as part of a team and cover roles as required
Desirable and advantageous - but not essential as training will be given
- Technical knowledge of eggs
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of free range poultry
- Knowledge of Lion Code and Freedom Foods standards
Applicants must be willing to undertake further training as necessary