Technical Audit Manager
To provide the on-shift, primary, technical input to the manufacturing unit(s), maintaining a programme of planned, systematic audits to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of product safety, legality and quality. To ensure the unit(s) meets legislative, customer, accreditation and company requirements, using a pro-active, technical perspective and delivering a programme which continuously improves the function and challenges practices and procedures.
- Deputy to Technical Manager, weekend deputy to Assistant Technical Manager
- Creation of a robust, comprehensive internal audit schedule, based on risk assessment, to cover all aspects of food safety, legality and quality of the manufacturing unit(s) covered, aligned to legislative, customer, accreditation and internal business requirements, to drive continuous improvement of technical standards, to position the company as best in class
- Management of internal audit schedule to ensure all audits are completed to schedule, via trained, experienced, auditors
- Completion of internal audits as a key part of skilled, trained audit team
- Provision of advice, where necessary, to operations team on quality matters, aiding operations management to make considered quality decisions
- Issuing of non-conformances, outside of internal audit schedule, where deviations to due process and procedure are witnessed in manufacturing unit(s), adopting an alert, open manner, as an alternative to being task-only driven
- Management of responses to non-conformances, to ensure root cause analysis is adopted, and appropriate corrective and preventive action is completed
- Issuing of quarantine notices and management of responses, to ensure root cause analysis is adopted, and appropriate corrective and preventive action is completed
- Creation of Quality Improvement Plan in liaison with operations teams, and communication to customers
- Creation of Listeria Action Plan, and communication to customers
- Conducting regular Benchmarking of products and driving improvements where product determined not best in market
- Management and development of auditing team
- Play an active role in the HACCP team(s)
- Provide guidance and advice to operations team, so they can respond pro-actively to quality issues such as internal/external product failures, audit non-conformances and ensure effective preventative and corrective actions are taken
- Completion of non-fruit raw material and packaging supplier audits, as necessary, as part of supplier risk assessment
- Represent the unit on technical system with customers, suppliers and third parties
- Provide specific reports to the business that measure performance in areas of responsibility
What you will need for the role / what it will take
The successful candidate must have a degree/HND in a Food or Science Discipline and be Lead Auditor Qualified. You must have an understanding of systems which control food safety, legality and quality. Internal/Supplier auditing experience is essential and you must have an understand of food microbiology / labelling.
About Us / what we do:
At our Corby site we manufacture freshly prepared fruit, freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, and fresh fruit patisserie and fruit jellies for the retail channel. For over 30 years, Orchard House Foods have remained the UK’s market leader in ready-to-eat fresh fruit products, fresh fruit patisserie and drinks for leading UK retailers. Our commitment to innovation and NPD is renowned, as is our investment in our people. Our manufacturing sites and processes are some of the most well invested and cutting-edge in the industry and are certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Manufacturing, Grade A.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. we offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.