Senior Legal Counsel – Data privacy compliance
Senior Legal Counsel – Data privacy compliance, Aarhus
Are you an experienced lawyer within data protection? And do you want to contribute your data protection law legal skills in a global company? Do you have a global mind-set and can deliver data protection law work and advice of high quality? Then head for this position with the responsibility to provide data protection law counselling to Arla Foods’ global organisation.
You will join a Global Legal team of highly skilled Legal colleagues who take pride in providing legal counselling within almost all business areas for Arla Foods. As Senior Legal Counsel with responsibility for data privacy compliance you will be based in headquarter in Denmark and report to the General Counsel.
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Arla Foods’ data privacy program. You will identify data protection law risks, provide proactive advice and develop relevant training and compliance materials globally.
More specifically, the responsibilities of this position are to:
- Implement and manage Arla Foods’ strategic data privacy program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes enabling consistent privacy practices.
- Develop and implement update of privacy forms, policies, standards, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the information security officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices and investigations.
- Facilitate initial and periodic privacy impact/risk assessments, mitigation and remediation.
- Conduct ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the business.
- Ensure the business has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms and information notices and other materials reflecting current business and legal practices and requirements.
- Deliver initial and ongoing privacy training and other awareness activities to the business.
- Ensure that agreements with suppliers, business associates and other third parties are compliant with applicable data protection laws and that all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Advise the business and lawyers in Legal in respect of data protection law matters.
- Monitor legislation in all relevant jurisdictions.
Solid experience within data protection law
You should have at least 5 years of solid working experience with data protection law, preferably with relevant experience from working as an in-house counsel in a global company. The position has both an operational and strategic exposure hence the ability to understand, communicate and explain complex issues across countries, cultures and nationalities are of outmost importance. This requires a commercial mind-set together with an ability serve as a trusted advisor for management.
On a personal level, you should be a highly competent and at the same time commercially minded data protection law specialist, dedicated to provide a high level of quality and service in the advice and work you deliver. You have very good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage the organisation in its strive for compliance.
Application and contact
Apply no later than 18 August 2017. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.