Working Hours: 35h/pw
Location : London
We’re looking for a Commercial Manager who can work with some of the UK’s leading retail and foodservice businesses. The role will involve the management of current MSC certified commercial partners and the recruitment of new ones. This work is focussed both at the end and in the middle of the supply chain, aiming to deliver the MSC programme to UK consumers by getting the blue MSC ecolabel onto retail packs and restaurant menus.
It’s a busy job in an ambitious and dynamic team. You’ll be participating in multiple projects, building client relationships with our partners and liaising closely with the North East Atlantic communications and fisheries teams.
The Commercial Manager combines strategic thinking with a ‘hands-on’ approach. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and commercially minded individual who can spot an opportunity and convert it into a positive result for the organisation. The post-holder will also have a technical and commercial mindset, to apply the MSC’s traceability standards and licensing rules effectively.
Who are you?
- An experienced account manager with proven experience of delivering positive commercial outcomes for both client and organisation
- Someone with a passion for sustainability and an interest in the health of the world’s oceans
- Someone who can build strong relationships with our commercial partners
- A great project manager and strategic thinker
- A confident self-starter who can operate independently and as part of a team.
Who are we?
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is a UK charity and an international non-profit organisation, with a mission to safeguard our oceans and seafood supplies. And it is working. You will have seen our blue label in the fish aisle of all the major supermarkets. By promoting sustainability seafood sourcing, we’re helping to improve long-term food security, maintain and strengthen livelihoods, and ensure healthy oceans for generations to come.
Our certification and labelling programme allows fishermen, fish and chips shops, restaurants, supermarkets and shoppers to demonstrate their commitments to sustainable seafood. Our programme is growing. As more fishers, retailers and consumers commit to sustainable seafood, we're growing our commercial team to deliver our new strategic plan for 2017 onwards.
The role is based in our conveniently located office in central London (EC1A 2DH), with occasional travel to visit partners and colleagues.
To apply for the post, please email the following material;
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification;
- A copy of your current CV; and
- Please state your salary expectations.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”.
The subject of your email should read: MSC Commercial Manager, North East Atlantic.
27 August 2017 @ 23:59 PM (BST)
First round interviews will be held on Monday, 4 September 2017, with a final round on Thursday , 7 September 2017.