Our client is seeking to employ a Specification Technologist in Cornwall.
- Maintain and update specifications on our client's database.
- Maintain and update specifications on major retailer database
- Create and review pack copy specifications, assist with artwork approval ensuring compliance within agreed timelines.
- Create and maintain product information sheets.
- Assist with queries for customers relating to ingredients, nutritional analysis etc.
- Work closely with internal Depts. i.e. Production, Technical, NPD and Purchasing.
- Collate and send product samples for customer requests.
- Assist with providing information to support BOP legal labelling compliance for the UK/EU market.
- To be presentable and conduct yourself with professional integrity at all times.
- To take responsibility for your own Continuous Professional Development.
- To provide constructive feedback on all presented ideas, challenging appropriately during meetings.
- Regularly communicate effectively with all levels of staff and actively promote two way discussions in all areas of our client's company.
- Actively promote a healthy, clean, safe, secure and productive working environment.
- Maintaining good cleaning standards always encompassing CAYGO.
- A recognised qualification in a food related discipline
- At least two years experience in a similar role
- Current working knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge of food safety and relevant legislation
- Numeracy and Literacy skills; ability to confidently complete paperwork/reports
- IT skills; Good computer skills, accuracy in entering online data to customers, spreadsheet and database maintenance
- Administration; Strong organisational and planning skills
- Effective communication; Good communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, uses appropriate communication methods, actively listens, maintains a professional manner, polite and friendly
- Hygiene; Clean As You Go (CAYGO) procedures and legal requirements
- Budgets; To work towards departmental control of budgets
- Wastage; To control wastage where possible
- Personal responsibility; attention to detail, take initiative, deliver and show professionalism and flexibility; use judgement and make informed decisions where appropriate
- Team work; respect team members, diplomatic and professional approach to work and colleagues
- Planning & organising; manage own time and that of deadlines, solution focused, plan short and medium term to ensure delivery
- Business and customer focus; quality awareness, customer service, cost awareness
- Personal development; Willingly accept and act positively on constructive criticism
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- Clear and confident presentation skills
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please do not hesitate to apply!
Indicative Salary Range: £20000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.