A challenging Multi-Skilled Engineering role, carrying out engineering maintenance through the application of mechanical/electrical skills in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), installations and fault findings. Interested? The successful candidate will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for achieving the highest level of performance, reliability, product quality and safety.
About the job/key tasks
- You will need to facilitate a speedy response to all plant stoppages and plan/implement modifications to new and existing equipment
- You will need to follow effective safe working in accordance with Approved Codes of Practise through both electrical and mechanical equipment
- You will have to ensure the PPM schedules are maintained in accordance with the current requirements
- The application of systematic diagnostics is key to minimise impact of breakdowns/failures
- You will need to be proactive in ensuring that the Health and Safety legislation is met
- You should be familiar with mechanical/electrical systems, PLC controls, low-voltage controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and co-ordinate the installation of new equipment as and when required
We need an individual who has experience in the food manufacturing/FMCG industry and actively strives for success and is determined to continuously improve processes where possible. Does this ambitious person sound like you? Are you driven to develop your knowledge and skill-set?
If you have experience within the food or FMCG industries, are determined to develop yourself, and are after a challenging yet rewarding career opportunity then apply below. Or get in touch with Colin Walsh on 01733 391515.
The Sterling Choice is a specialist Food and FMCG recruitment organisation recruiting across disciplines such as Production, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Technical, NPD, Engineering and Human Resources.