Our client, a welcoming and inclusive Chilled Food Manufacturer is looking for a Product Development Manager to work within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
The role would suit a Development Manager or Senior NPD Technologist looking for progression. Someone would enjoy being part of a busy, thriving team. The role will sit alongside other NPD Managers who each focus on different retail customers. There will be an NPD Technologist reporting in to support the NPD agenda for one of the site’s major retail customers. The role is also supported by a shared development chef resource.
The role is to effectively deliver NPD and support the continuous improvement agenda in line with the company and customer category plans. Ensuring NPD is delivered to agreed profitability and timescales in line with both company and customer expectations.
As a key member of the Development team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage NPD and EPD for one of the site’s major retail customer
- Create feasible products from the kitchen into a manufacturing solution that delivers required profitability without limiting innovation.
- Manage and mentor small development team
- Providing costings for new concepts.
- Write kitchen recipes
- Customer presentations on or off site.
- Involved in feasibility meetings.
- Leading innovation sessions.
- Pro-active approach to EPD using customer complaint information to drive changes.
- Conduct benchmarking on site and document results
- Review nutritional results and assess whether they are within guidelines.
- Assess shelf life results with Technical.
- Writing and presentation of appropriate customer presentation material.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- HND/degree in Food or Science based subject.
- Experience developing products within a chilled prepared food / bakery category
- Experience in a fast-paced sizeable business
- HACCP training.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificates.
- Food Legislation knowledge.
- Ability to understand the factory processes
- Competent in Excel/Word/Retailer Specification Spreadsheets.
- Flexible approach
- Success is driven through a team of passionate people who inspire customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity
- One of the largest employers in the area
- Part of an award-winning Group
- Recent investment of £2 million on site to develop a unique cooking method
- The site prides itself on an atmosphere of camaraderie, teamwork and a willingness to share knowledge.
If you would like to join an award-winning, market-leading team then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4153 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
We are also recruiting for a Senior NPD Technologist for this site, salary of £28-30k. Please email quoting JJ-P4154 or check the Jarvis Johnson website for further details.