Food Safety Officer
My client is a world famous hotel and resort. They are currently looking for a Food Safety Officer to join their team
The role would involve:
- Undertaking food hygiene and health and safety interventions in all risk categories and types of premises. Investigate food complaints and complaints relating to food premises.
- Investigate complaints relating to health and safety, including reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Participation in the food sampling programme. Investigate cases of food poisoning and other infectious diseases.
- Undertaking enforcement action as appropriate and in line with the enforcement policy, including the preparation of legal reports.
- Maintaining records as required by the FSA and HSE and other bodies as necessary.
- Research, write and present detailed reports as required.
- Maintenance and coordination of a company food safety program to maintain statutory compliance to the prescribed legal requirements in the Food Industry.
- Coordinating and assisting with technical training and overall competency to management and employees with regards to the operational aspects of the food safety program, pest control, environmental, operational methods and personnel practices, and maintenance for food safety and hygiene /cleaning practices.
- To complete food supplier audits (against the HACCP systems implemented) identifying corrective actions required and escalation of major concerns and ensure action there of as required. To liaise with Local Authority Inspectors and enforcement officials as required.
- Co-ordinate the ongoing development requirements of the department’s food safety program, operational policies and procedures and compliance including carrying out internal audits Nurture good working relationships both within and across departments under the food safety program.
- Ensure that all registers and records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
- Work closely with other safety roles within the company – assisting as required and develop a supportive relationship
- Be responsible for management of own workload escalating issues or workloads which become unmanageable
Candidates should have a food Technical background with knowledge of food safety, H&S and HACCP standards.
If this sounds like you apply now!
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 28000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.