Production Planner, East Yorkshire
Experienced Production Planner required for successful manufacturing site based in East Yorkshire.
My client is part of a large manufacturing group, they have eight sites in total, across the UK, Ireland and Europe. They supply over 40,000 tonnes a year of product to the major retailers and employ around seventy people at their site in Yorkshire.
Due to their current Production Planner being promoted to Planning & Logistics Manager, they have a vacancy for a Production Planner.
If you are fed up of shift work and are looking for a Monday - Friday, days, role then this is the role for you.
Reporting into the Planning and Logistics Manager your role will be to create the daily and weekly production plans for the plant against future demand and forecast ensuring service levels are maintained, this includes two extruder lines and four packing lines.
You will be responsible for;
- Ensuring daily and weekly raw material and packaging management meet required targets
- Managing three direct reports in the Goods In team who supply the raw materials for production
- Supporting the development of an MRP system within the business
Tthe ability to act on your feet is essential in this role, if the factory has a breakdown, how you adapt is crucial to ensuring service levels are met.
To apply you must;
- Have proven experience of working as a Production Planner in a manufacturing environment.
- Be highly proficient with excel and ERP systems (MRP desirable)
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Be pro-active and able to work on own initiative and also in a team environment
- Be flexible to take out of hour calls out from Production when there is an issue
Get in contact today for further information.
REF. NCM893982 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778