Senior Technical Manager
Are you ready to take the next career defining step with this distinguished food business? Our client is nationally recognised and work tirelessly to deliver excellent quality products to consumers. They have exceedingly strong market presence within the food sector and are now looking for a Senior Technical Manager to drive the technical agenda for their own branded range.
In this highly influential role you’ll be the technical chief of your category, taking ownership of designing, articulating and realising the brand’s technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include:
- Guiding and mentoring a team of Technical Managers and Technologists, steering the direction of team performance by implementing strong KPIs and constructing a robust quality management framework for your category.
- Ensuring that all technical documentation and specifications are completed accurately and that all products are produced in accordance with the ever-changing UK & EU food manufacturing legislation.
- Delivering an effective supplier management strategy where you will identify and help set up a strong supply base forming strong relationships whilst reviewing quality controls.
- Working with Product Development teams to fulfil the NPD programme on time and to the highest technical standards and ensuring the company retains its market leading reputation for quality and value.
- Overseeing the transition of new concepts from kitchen to production, ensuring products are technically sound throughout the development process whilst guaranteeing customer specifications, timescales and budgets are met.
Suit a confident, motivated and influential Technical leader with a Food Science or related degree as well as an expert understanding of food processing and all the technical elements of bringing exceptional products to market. You’ll have a proven record of leading/ developing a team, implementing effective policies and procedures, working cross-functionally to deliver business strategy and successfully managing organisational change. Previous experience of working with suppliers to deliver a supply strategy in line with commercial goals is also essential.
Knowledge of the latest food legislation is essential and you must have excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills as you’ll be handling projects and liaising with colleagues at all business levels. You’ll also need to be proactive and able to use your own initiative, thinking outside the box to consistently reach and exceed high technical standards. We are looking for a passionate and proactive senior technical professional with a genuine devotion to achieving excellence, striving to accomplish the best results across all aspects of their role. Apply now or call 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.