Senior Development Manager
About the role…
The Senior Development Managers role is highly Customer orientated and will be expected to provide continuous success in launches of innovative new products through a creative blue sky approach to development and market leaders in recipe creation. As the guardian of food values you will maintain the position of centre of excellence through innovation, quality and value for money based on sound category management principle which enables continual growth and category success.
Some of the key accountabilities are:
- Achieve budgeted net profit for your portfolios
- Ensure commercial strategy results are met against the core KPI’s
- Ensure costs are controlled
- Products achieve targeted distribution levels and promotional slots
- Focus on the bigger picture/strategy
- Manage focused development of new products to deliver the required margin for our customers and the business, including the completion of development costings within agreed commercial, technical and customer briefs and timescales.
- Create new and innovative products in line with agreed business plans & market developments, showing a real flair for food & culinary trends. Thus ensuring a position of market leader rather than follower.
- Excite and inspire the customer and the business with innovation that delivers extra ordinary growth and profit.
- Challenge existing products and processes, upgrading where necessary.
- Effectively manage the development process from concept origination to product handover meeting all deadlines both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Development Manager that has proven success in a similar role. You will have a strong understanding of our market place – products, consumer and competitors , an NPD background, an eye for innovation, creative with a real passion for food. You will also have experience of one or all of the major retailers ideally M&S, Tesco, JS or Morrison’s within a chilled food environment
If you are looking for an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career you could join a great team of likeminded people who come to work every day to make a difference and share in our core values of being Creative, Passionate and Exceptional.