About the role.....
the role will audit and monitor compliance against Quality Management systems and GMP, ensuring that we manufacture safe quality products. To ensure any non - conformance issues are identified and recorded, enabling operations to take corrective action. Supporting the factory with Technical knowledge and advice.
- Meet all Food and Safety responsibilities as defined in the Food Safety standards
- Apply the business Quality standards ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements
- Monitor good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles
- To carry out routine testing including sample collection, hand swabbing, environmental swabbing. To carry out ad hoc testing as required.
- Providing a consistent quality control presence on lines to ensure that the quality standards are met at all times
- To monitor good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles
- Regular Allergen, glass and CCP audits ensuring compliance against procedure
- Responsibility for nominated lines in times of break relief or holiday cover – ensuring all checks are completed at the required frequency.
- Quality of product to be to standard and consistent.
- To conduct taste panels per week to include start of life, end of life and consistency products.
- To assist in glass audits and procedural audits as required
- Conduct audited mixes and sample collection for nutritional analysis as required
- To be able to communicate to all shop floor personnel effectively, consistent and correct information recording. Collect samples according to rota and as and when requested
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of QM Systems and GMP in Food manufacturing
- Experience of micro-testing
- Experience of traceability investigations
- Lead by example with regard to Quality and Food Safety.
- Be dynamic, assertive and passionate about quality and technical issues.
- Operate cross functionally and at different organisational levels in a confident manner in order to deliver a challenging and busy agenda.
- Understand, interpret and take proactive action on data and information as presented.
- Use problem solving techniques to aid the site team in improving quality performance.
- Understand fully site CCP’s and food safety requirements.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and control work of self and others effectively.
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal, written, listening, influencing, report writing).
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work.