What would I be responsible for?
- To maintain a consistency in the quality of hygiene standards and product standards whilst implementing controls in order to achieve and exceed customer expectations of quality within the production environment.
- Coordinates the activities required to meet quality standards. To monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system and produces data and report on performance, measuring against set indicators.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation.
- Liaising with other managers and staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the QA system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, advise on changes and their implementation and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved;
- Agree standards and establish clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply ensuring compliance with latest relevant legislation.
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures;
- To motivate and supervise the Quality staff, offering support to two shifts, building dynamics between production and quality department. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training;
- Collate and analyse performance data and charts against defined parameters;
- Ensure quality tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary;
- To provide technical support to all functions.
- Ensure adherence to all GMP standards, and Standard Operating procedures within the Factory to meet customer and business requirement.
- To manage the implementation of SOP within the Factory
What do I need to do this role?
- Technical discipline degree or alternative relevant experience
- Sound background in and experience of Quality Assurance management within a chilled food production environment
- Management experience
- Strategic thinking
- Ideally previous experience in a customer facing technical role with a strong Technical, Quality and Hygiene gained within a chilled short shelf-life food production environment.
- Previous experience working with major UK retailers would be preferable.