Key Machine Operative
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Key Machine Operative
Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, LS10 1DR but travel to all our sites required within the Leeds vicinity.
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, dynamic and due to rapid successful growth our organisation is seeking new exciting additions to the Production Team, based at our Salads Manufacturing site in Hunslet.
The Production Team are the largest operational team within the business. They are tremendously hard working, ethical, knowledgeable and want to succeed for them and for the business. They love to get involved in all aspects of the factory and strive for the best food quality and hygiene standards throughout the business. If you are equally as hard working, clever, tenacious and have a high standard for details, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
- You will work closely with the Supervisor / Assistant Production Manager in the area managing the machine on the line you are working on. You will ensure lines are prepped, plans are read and you know what you are going to do for that days production run.
- You will ensure all your KPI’s and performance efficiencies are hit with minimal breakdowns without compromising food safety or health and safety.
- You will want to progress after a period of training, and be willing to be flexible in terms of the shifts you will work within the business.
- You will be passionate about working hard and ensuring the job is completed within the requirements of the job run.
- You will get to know the machinery within the business and want to know all lines and how to operate all lines effectively and efficiently.
- You will have a sense of humour, be hard working and passionate about food. We are looking for someone who will be flexible to the business demands and offer competitive package and excellent training and development prospects tailored to your experience and development needs.
- You will ensure paperwork is being completed correctly and be able to flag up immediately any causes for concern.
- So, if you’re a tenacious Production Operative or a Machine Operative with experience looking for your next career move in a fast paced environment then we’d love to hear from you.
Hours of Work
Shifts commence from 7am most days but can commence from 6am during peak times. In the winter we tend to run from 7am until 3pm, Monday to Friday, with sometimes shutting down on Wednesdays. In the summer we operate on days 4 on 4 off 10-12 hour days, and nights Monday to Friday 16:00 – finish (typically 8-10 hours).
Days / Shift Details
As per previous details.
£7.50 during training period. £8.00-£8.50 after successful training period (3 months).
Hourly weekly paid.
28 days holiday per year including bank holidays if working nights.
1% pension after 3 months.
12 month probationary period
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Key Machine Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly