- Are you passionate about food innovation?
- Do you understand the importance of flavour profiles and product sourcing within Product Development?
- Are you looking to join a forward thinking organisation where quality is industry leading?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client is looking to recruit a TWO NPD Technologists to join their Food Manufacturing business based in Kent.
Your key responsibilities are to develop and manage a range of products for the UK's major food retailers as well as Food Service, from concept through to launch, whilst building strong external and internal business relationships.
- Develop new products and processes in line with customer briefs in a category lead sector.
- Manage focused development of new products ensuring that profit is in line with agreed budgets.
- Present new product and process facts and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to customers internally and externally.
- Working to a critical path is essential to ensure launches are to the agreed quality and time scales.
- Monitor and benchmark product quality of new and existing products
The Successful Candidate:
- Is it essential that you have previous experience within a chilled food manufacturing environment from initial concept development through to launch.
- You must have excellent knowledge of food trends / culinary skills and be used to dealing directly with the major supermarkets.
- Be proactive and play an integral part in driving the importance of NPD across the business.
- Work collaboratively with other departments including Marketing, Commercial, Procurement & Sourcing, as well as Operations & Production.
- The ability to challenge when needed.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Job Reference: JR11139
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect