With continued business growth, we are looking for a detail oriented and analytical Accounts Assistant. You will be an excellent communicator and multi-tasker.
As the Accounts Assistant you will support the Commercial Accountant in providing financial information to aid the business in decision making with the main focus being commercial performance. You will be working closely with the Commercial, New Product Development and Marketing teams to ensure the accuracy of all relevant data which will provide confidence in reports generated by the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide general support and information to the Commercial, New Product Development and Marketing Teams
- Support the commercial team on product profitability analysis
- Assist in generation of monthly product profitability and commercial forecast reports to gross margin level
- Assist in the financial evaluation of commercial opportunities to aid decision making
- Assist in brand analytical support and analysis of performance against targets
- Maintain accuracy of all costing data held within the ERP system
- Be detail orientated
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have strong IT skills – particularly Excel at Intermediate level
- Be able to work with large volumes of data
- Be highly organised
- Have a degree in a related subject
- Have up to 18 months working within a finance role
- An annual salary of £20,000 - £22,000
- Study support is available with this role
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with years of service.
- Discretionary bonus
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes (pension, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers)
The Accounts Assistant is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week, based at our Newbury site.
At English Provender Company, we have many facets to our business including collaborating with major retailers creating innovative products and ranges for consumers and providing manufacturing customers with delicious flavours to enhance their products. And let’s not forgot our own top selling English Provender branded chutneys, pickles, curds and condiments, Very Lazy kitchen short cuts and “all profits to charity” Newman’s Own brand that we exclusively produce.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
English Provender Company recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.