Production Manager - Sausage Unit (day shift) - Walkers Sausage Co.
Walkers Sausage Co is a highly successful award winning company producing a range of premium sausages and other products for the leading UK’s retailers. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager the Production Manager will work closely with the existing production manager, but with clearly defined areas of responsibility and associated KPI’s.
There will also be a strong focus towards continuous improvement and promoting good working practices in relation to Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality, Material Variance, Labour efficiencies and of course both internal and external customer service.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the welfare, training and development of up to 100+ employees via a team of established Supervisors and Team Leaders. This role would suit an existing proven Supervisor/Area Manager looking to further enhance their development.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Strong leadership, coaching, communication and organisational skills
- A minimum of 3 years production management or supervisory experience within an FMCG environment
- Appropriate levels of quality, commercial, technical, health & safety and hygiene awareness
- Self-motivation with the confidence in dealing with visitors and customers
- Results-orientated with a positive attitude to drive forward continuous improvement
- The ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs
- The ability to “think outside the box”
Candidates must live within 30 miles of the site (LE1 2LB).
Please state your salary expectation when applying.