Team Manager - Desserts
Team Manager - Desserts
Location: Histon - Cambridge
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Here at Hain Daniels we work with a pretty tasty portfolio of brands – even if we do say so ourselves!
From Covent Garden’s delicious soups, to Linda McCartney’s sublime meat-free dishes and Hartley’s sweet treats, we feature on the daily menu of millions of families around the globe.
So if you fancy working with quality brands that you know and love, in an environment that is challenging yet rewarding, fast paced yet friendly, then head to our recruitment page now.
We’re embarking on an exciting journey here at Hain Daniels, and we want you to come along for the ride!
- Ensure that Products are manufactured by your team to required quality and cost as per the production plan
- Champion of H&S, Quality & Delivery
- Staff development is a priority to ensure succession where required, well trained, well motivated staff are developed and retained
- Passionate advocate of our products
- Role model for Hain Daniel Behaviours
- Review areas and make and implement suggestions as to how departmental performance can be improved to deliver higher quality and reduced cost
Safety, Quality, Hygiene
- Drive and support behavioural safety within shift teams
- Lead a “no acceptance” culture of H&S
- Provide training, instruction, guidance and advice to ensure the competence of employees, and ensure that allocated tasks are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform safely to relevant SOP’s
- Lead 5s optimisation process with dept.
- Produce product to required specification.
- Ensure that the appropriate numbers of trained staff are available to deliver the production plan.
- The role is shift-based Responsible for managing the packing Line team
- Develop and effectively use you team leaders and Jelly Supervisors so they effectively perform their roles
- Manage performance by objective setting, and review using the Hain Daniels Joint agreement process and development training as required
- Hold regular monthly 1 to 1 ‘s with to team to aid their development and provide coaching and support as required
- Manage staff via agreed company policies and procedures, ensure Site Discipline procedures is adhered to.
- Ensure all safe systems at work are adhered to.
- Actively manage any issues which occur in your team area taking full responsibility and accountability of your action to ensure availability of materials, operators and functioning assets to deliver the required production demand.
- Ensure that changes to demand / product or ingredients within the programme are implemented and co-ordinated effectively with effective feedback to materials supplies and to customer departments.
- Manage the cleaning and maintenance of all production assets including building fabric to meet site GMP standards. This asset maintenance involves both operations and engineering
- Work closely with the relevant Engineering Coordinator to ensure asset maintenance and breakdowns are effectively dealt with in an acceptable timescale
- Ensure all changes to plan as notified by Scheduling department are managed in the most time and cost effective way making certain that all relevant people are aware of the change
- Manage (or ensure) effective materials and ingredient control budget delivery
- Reduce customer complaints
- Ensure relevant documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner in their assigned process area.
- Lead / Implement continuous improvement activities within departments
- Form cross functional teams to identify and deploy site standard C.I. techniques
- Ensure continuity of the C.I. process – sustain the culture of improvement
- Involved in data gathering, ideation and submission of CAPEX projects
- Resource manage to utilise any uptime/downtime opportunities for value adding activities
- Conduct Weekly Team briefings to inform staff of Safety, Quality & Performance and any plans / action required by them to improve these areas
- Use team 1to 1’s mentioned above to support and refine the communication process
- Hold effective shift hand over sessions and 2 hourly short interval control meetings ensuring attendance of all relevant parties and regular review of process on actions
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- Demonstrable good standard of education
- Level 3 Food Safety In Manufacturing - desirable
- Relevant Safety qualification
- Computer literate
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 5 Years experience in a supervisory / management role in the Food Industry
- Experience of managing teams in a complex food manufacturing environment
- Ability to deliver work requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Experience of working with unions
- Dynamic Decision Maker who is prepared to take responsibility for decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP standards for major retailers and to BRC accredited standards
- Direct experience of implementing & managing TPM / Lean / Six Sigma - desirable
- Good Communicator
- Demonstrable People Management skills
- Ability to analyse problems / issues and come up with novel workable solutions to improve department performance