Safety, Health & Environment Officer
Health, Safety and Environment Officer
Required Education - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Working as part of the senior management team and reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for delivering health, safety and environmental strategy across a major food manufacturing site.
We are looking for you to engage with the business to promote a positive health and safety culture, supported by an effective health, safety and environmental training programme. We are committed to continuous improvement of HSE performance, so you will be responsible for setting performance targets and measuring performance indicators on a quarterly basis.
As part of the company's ongoing commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, you will also be involved in ensuring that effective systems are in place to reduce the impact of the business on the environment.
The role requires the successful candidate to manage the day to day Health and Safety of our employees, implement Health and Safety risk reduction programmes and monitor working practices to ensure compliance at our Corby Site.
The key accountabilities of a SHE Officer are:
- Implementation of H&S risk reduction programmes
- Assist in the training and development of Safety coordinators and employees in H&S procedures/inductions
- Attend SHE improvement forum and feedback to team Zone performance and action plans
- Provide advice to management teams and employees on all H&S matters
- Day to Day management support for Health & Safety with Co-ordinator /Auditors
- To complete and manage KPI data reports for internal managers and Group
- Ensure company H&S SSOW and Risk Management systems are kept up to date and reviewed
- Ensure that all statutory inspections are completed and closed out in a timely manner
- Manage a small governance team to deliver the sites Focus area and HLI strategy
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities and skills:
- Educated to at least Nebosh/IOSH disciplines
- Understanding / awareness of basic business financial and non-financial reporting
- Experience in planning and implementing risk reduction programmes
- Understanding of site systems and procedures
- Experienced in the field of H&S management
- Experience in working in partnerships
- Have the ability to operate and engage with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines and multi task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking for:
- Ability to motivate people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to research best practice standards and be able to adopt these
- Flexible approach to working in a cross functional team
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to Scott Ballantine - Apply Now!
All applications treated with discretion and confidentiality.
Candidates that are short-listed will be contacted within 7 working Days