Production Planner, Norwich
A great opportunity to join a real category leader and a fun company to work for in the position of Production Planner.
This is a fantastic business with an iconic range of products; it has exciting growth plans, both domestically and abroad, making it an ideal time to be joining. The Planning Manager for the site is looking for an experienced Production Planner to join his team and help to ensure the efficient production of all the products. Utilising forecasting models and production performance intelligence you will ensure customer service levels are maintained, whilst avoiding obsolescence. Working closely with the Purchasing, Sales and Production departments the Production Planner will be a key member of the supply planning meetings.
Areas of responsibility:
- Monitoring of inventory levels against forecast
- Producing weekly and daily production plans
- Monitoring and revising production plans
- Measuring and reporting conformance to production plan
- Work closely with Production to develop ability to react quickly to factory issues
- Actively participating in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings
- Maximising customer service levels in partnership with Demand Planner and S&OP team
- Maintaining production planning spreadsheets
- Assisting with capacity and labour planning
The type of person we are looking for this role will highly numerate and have previous experience in a production planning environment including forecasting, product distribution and inventory control. You must have excel experience with advanced capabilities such as; use of macros a definite help. Ability to work and manipulate large amounts of complex data and translate this into plans is paramount. A formal qualification in Mathematics or Business would be a good basis for this role.
Send your CV today for consideration.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. DRB13774 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778