This is a real opportunity for someone looking to work in a Development Chef capacity to join an established and well respected food manufacturer on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Development Manager / Head of Development -
The main purpose of the role is to successfully develop products for a range of customers in both retail & food service.
MAIN TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
- To brainstorm / research and come up with product suggestions
- To prepare samples and dispatch these to customers as directed by the Development Manager
- Attending product reviews with customers
- Preparing customer presentations.
- To liaise with all other departments as required during the new product development and launch process. Specifically members of the Purchasing and finance teams providing them with all the required information to formulate costings and factory recipes
- Collection of products, ingredients and packaging from all areas of the factory for the preparation of samples for internal and external presentations
- Dealing with existing and new suppliers. Requesting samples of ingredients & packaging for kitchen work, product matching.
- Requesting initial costs from supplies by obtaining volumes from both the commercial & purchasing functions.
- Writing clear & concise kitchen recipes & methods, and ensuring all changes are recorded and sent to the relevant people
- To support the NPD Technologists in writing a factory recipe
- Attending handover meetings from kitchen to the factory
- Attending first product trials with NPD Technologists
- Evaluate product through kitchen trials
- Daily maintenance of the test kitchen, create a clean and hygienic environment. Clean & sanitise work surfaces and equipment including cookers, fridges and freezers and following general personal hygiene practices at all times.
- Conducting and comparative shopping sessions & benchmarking and using this data when it comes to new products.
If this sounds as you then please don’t hesitate to establish contact.
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.