An opportunity has emerged for a Technical Manager prepared to relocate to the Scottish Highlands.
The region has spectacular scenery and would be a paradise for any outdoors person looking to enjoy the mountains, the views, the water sports, the skiing and the tranquillity. It is also a region that enjoys lower than average house prices and would be an ideal environment to bring up a family. The position comes with the offer of relocation assistance too, making this an affordable and practical way to start a new life in rural Scotland. The opportunity itself is working with a growing company and supplier to the major retailers.
The successful Technical Manager will:
- Ensure product safety and legality through the implementation of appropriate management systems
- Contribute to a successful QA strategy
- Develop the team to achieve excellence
- Manage and monitor the company's quality systems to ensure maintenance of the site's BRC status.
- Have a strategic involvement in the direction taken in the future in the department
We are looking for candidates who have:
• Solid technical management experience within a fast moving primary processing operation, thus within a short shelf life, fresh product arena
• Experience of leading a team through BRC v.7 audits
• Experience of managing the technical requirements of some of the larger retailers, ideally including Asda, Lidl, Aldi.
• It would be desirable if the individual had experience of lean manufacturing or six sigma.
Indicative Salary Range: £45,000 - 50,000
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.