Operative - Merston Logistics - Bronze level
Operative - Merston Logistics
To oversee the general daily running of the Logistics Department whilst on shift.
Salary: starting salary is £15,000
22 shifts holiday per annum
company pension and bonus scheme
Life Assurance Policy
Employee Assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: Fortnightly rotating shift pattern that includes working 12 hour shifts across days/nights & weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within our Operations Team at NWF as a Production Operative in our Logistics department at our Merston site in Chichester. Working as part of the Operations Team in NWF offers you're a unique opportunity to become part of a team that is driven by the needs of our customers. Working in Operations in NWF as a Production Operative is the key to the success of the business.Here at Natures Way Foods we are committed to continuous improvement on every level.
Training & Development: We also offer development opportunities to employees based on their individual needs and aspirations. We pride ourselves on Personal Development and we are well known for developing Operators from Bronze Operator level all the way up to Section Manager Level.As part of our employee's ongoing development, we are also proud to be able to offer our employees the chance to undertake further training resulting in recognised industry qualifications in Food Industry Skills.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintain Stock in warehouses
- Meeting operations KPI's and targets
- Working with and supervising agency staff to ensure they deliver the operational requirements and are fully trained to complete the relevant tasks
- Operating machinery at a basic level
- Contributing to the operational plan to make sure product output is achieved
- Ensuring we adhere to food safety and Health and Safety standards at all times
You will also be required to have the following skills and experiences:
- Working as part of a multi-skilled team
- Flexibility and adaptability - the role is varied and the role requires you to move around the manufacturing unit on a regular basis
- Ability to prioritise tasks to ensure optimum manufacturing unit performance and efficiency
- Good level of written and spoken English (Basic level of English language (ESOL Entry Level 3)
- Have a positive attitude and willing to learn
As a logistics Operative you will be:
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Rapport building
- Computer literate
- Time management
The Recruitment process:
- If your application is successful you will be invited to attend a short Recruitment testing session where we will review your maths, listening and literacy skills to ensure you meet the required benchmark to undertake the role. (It is not as scary as it sounds)
- If successful, you will then be invited to attend a work trial and interview at the manufacturing site that you will work at. This is a great opportunity to meet your potential new manager and team and get a feel for the role and environment you will be working in. We realise that this might be your first time working within factory so you will be provided with lots of guidance and support throughout your work trial.
If you are interested to know more about how to start your career within operations, please apply now.