Personnel Area Manager
Melton Foods is part of the respected Samworth Brothers Group and prides itself on using only the finest and freshest ingredients to make its sandwiches for the quality retail market. Our success is attributable to a commitment to quality and continuous improvement in everything we do. Employing over 800 people, the business continues to experience growth and success and as a result of our recent expansion, we now have a management vacancy within the Personnel team.
Melton Foods is a 24 hour, 7 day week, fast paced and demanding food manufacturing business and reporting to the Personnel Manager, you will provide leadership in delivering a proactive and forward thinking personnel service to management team colleagues across all areas of the site.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Day to day delivery of Personnel services to the business.
- Co-ordination of key business information and Personnel KPI’s
- Management of all aspects of key recruitment campaigns and activity
- Advising the business on employment related issues including grievance, disciplinary and implementation of legislation
- Management of business focused projects
- Management of employee benefit schemes
- Implementation and coordination of personnel initiatives and processes throughout the business
The role is about delivering a best practice and a professional service in all areas of people management and you will therefore need a strong employee relations background and ‘business partner’ approach. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be CIPD qualified
- Have strong employment law knowledge with experience of practical application
- Have a professional approach to all situations
- Possess strong influencing skills
- Have the ability to deal with and relate to employees at all levels in the business and to deal with external contacts as required
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the confidence to build effective relationships at all levels
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office