Walkers Deli, part of the renowned Samworth Brothers Group of Companies, delivers a superb range of hand crafted hams, cooked meats, terrines, pates and speciality hams to high street retailers and Business to Business customers.
Due to an increase in business we currently have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our NPD team as a Chef. Reporting to the Development Chef the successful candidate will be responsible for creating innovative new products for our customers whilst also overseeing the manufacture of products from kitchen through to launch.
The Key Accountabilities are:
- Innovate new products and processes to maintain and grow a creative catalogue of products for our customers.
- Present new ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve business gains.
- Work effectively with the Process Development, operations & Technical Teams to deliver successful launched products.
- Preparation and presentation of internal and external customer taste panels.
- Effective management of recipes and paperwork including product costings, customer submission forms and presentations.
- Attend and present at customer presentations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience of working as a Chef within the food industry.
- Knowledge of ingredients and products.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- The ability to communicate within a structured team.
- Have the ability to follow instruction and work using own initiative.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence.
- A thorough and methodical approach to tasks with excellent organisational skills