When it comes to product safety and stability, we depend on the dedication and knowledge of our Food Technologists and Technical team. We have an excellent opportunity for a detail oriented and driven Food Technologist (TIO), who is meticulous and eager to make food special.
At English Provender Company, we have many facets to our business including collaborating with major retailers creating innovative products and ranges for consumers and providing manufacturing customers with delicious flavours to enhance their products. And let’s not forgot our own top selling English Provender branded chutneys, pickles, curds and condiments, Very Lazy kitchen short cuts and “all profits to charity” Newman’s Own brand that we exclusively produce.
As the new Food Technologist (TIO), you will report into the Technical Manager and work with a select number of retailer and B2B accounts, ensuring product specifications and relevant technical documentation including QAS are created and updated, working with other departments to make sure critical paths are adhered to, analysis such as nutritional and shelf life testing is complete and meets specifications, complaints are investigated, root cause analysis completed and artwork is approved in line with legislation.
To be our next Food Technologist (TIO), you will:
- Have Technical experience in the food industry
- Have experience with complaint handling and root cause analysis
- Have experience in a similar role (customer facing)
- Have working knowledge of retail specification systems.
- Understand Technical processes from concept to launch.
- Understand NPD systems & procedures used by UK Retailers.
- Have up to date knowledge of food legislation
- Have managed multiple projects in a methodical manner, prioritising workloads and having a flexible approach.
- Be IT literate, confident in excel and word.
- Be willing to travel as and when it is required and on occasion there will be a requirement for flexibility with working hours to fit with the need of the business.
The Food Technologist (TIO) is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week, based at our Newbury site. The compensation package includes an annual salary up to £25,000, discretionary bonus, life assurance, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, access to healthcare cash plan and 31 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with years of service.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
English Provender Company recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.